Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her Union Budget Speech for the upcoming fiscal year has announced that Kisan drones will be used to drive a wave of technology in the Agriculture and Farming Sector. These drones will be used for crop assessments, land records and spraying of insecticides.
- Egypt plans to purchase 500,000 tonnes of wheat from India
- For foreign flyers, the government allows a precautionary dose before the waiting period
- Oil is easing after previously soaring due to Russian sanctions against EU companies
- Protesters in Sri Lanka demand a new government a day after riots killed eight people
- RailTel makes its public WiFi services available through the PM-WANI initiative at 100 stations